Crickets is a four-level preschool series that integrates all the domains of early learning. The learning cycle is based on the 5 E’s instructional model (Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate, Evaluate), which proposes that students build their own understanding and knowledge of the world by experiencing things, and reflecting on that exposure by asking questions, exploring, and assessing what they know.
Scope & sequence
With Crickets, students will:
- Build on previous knowledge and new experiences to construct their own understanding of the world.
- Develop cognitive and early literacy skills.
- Work with age-appropriate CLIL lessons.
- Use ICT (Information and Communication Technology) through the dedicated website, with interactive activities and videos.
- Begin exploring stories through a complete cycle of reading activities.
Components and resources
Learn more about Crickets: Student's Book
Learn more about Crickets: Practice Book
Learn more about Crickets: Student's CD
Learn more about Crickets: Cricket Tales
Learn more about Crickets: Crickets App